Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Boy Scout Kind of Girl

Our old apartment had blinds. Fortunately for us, the strings were generally too high to be a problem. I have purchased blind cord safety tabs to shorten the little nuisances, but apparently need to duct tape them together after putting them on. Audrina, sweet girl that she is, has demonstrated her knot tying skills several times this week.

I fear that the six inch long series of knots Audrina put into the blinds cords in her bedroom this week are an ill omen for the future of shoe tying lessons. Yes, I do believe I will continue buying my daughter velcro shoes until they stop making them in her size. The knots...you should have seen them. She actually managed a surgeons knot. At three and a half. Perhaps the boy scouts are a good idea for her. At least then she may limit the variety of knots in any one string item per demonstration of skill. Oy.

Archer was watching her rather enthusiastically, clapping and laughing. I shall never own Things With Strings ever again.